Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Communication Artifacts - Fundraiser Signs

For my communication artifacts I chose to create signs and sign up sheets for a fundraiser tournament for Dixie State Women's golf team. My style guide is as follows:

Kelly Slab was used for headers, Josefin Slab for sub-headers, and Josefin Sans was used for information and body text. The primary colors that were used were red, white and blue to reflect the Universities colors. More specifically the colors used were Tall Poppy (red), Pickled Bluewood (blue) and Aqua Haze (white).


These fonts and colors worked nicely with these biographies which were placed on the banquet tables.


The style was also effective in the silent auction sheets:


This is what the style looked like for hole destinations and competition explanations: 



The red, white and blue provide contrast, while the overall theme brings balance. The similarity of the fonts employ the law of similarity while still providing different looks and feels. The lines on the auction sheets show the law of closure, while designating where people should write without harsh lines. 

Altogether I learned a lot from this project. Design is not my strong suit so trying to find a a style that I liked, could manage, and looked good proved difficult. I like what I found in the fonts though, they were web compatible and also had an sleek edge to them, which was perfect for our golf tournament fundraiser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment